Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Kramer


Since my last post we have had a lot of fun with family and friends visiting us and I haven't had time to update my blog (no complaints here!).   The last 3 1/2 weeks have been wonderfully full of sweet times and I'm so grateful for them.  I'm looking forward to posting the highlights of each visit, but first I want to share some sad news about our dog, Kramer.  On this past Sunday we received a call from our son, John, informing us that Kramer was rapidly declining.  After hearing all the details and crying a lot of tears,  it was apparent that he needed to be put down.   


Bringing Kramer with us to California was never an option since his health was so poor.   The day we left I cried like a baby when I told Kramer good-bye.  I was afraid that he would feel as if I was abandoning him.  With words that he couldn't understand (because he's a dog and because I was sobbing),  I held him as close as his frail little body would allow and told him why I couldn't take him with me.  It was hard leaving everyone that day, but leaving my faithful companion, Kramer, was very very tough.

John and Tiffany agreed to take care of him when they moved into our house.  Each time we returned to Florida I could see Kramer's attachment to them all, but especially Tiffany.  She became his "mom" while I was away.  I loved seeing Kramer react to her the same way he reacted to me.  I knew he was being well loved and that was so comforting.  Also with each visit I knew I may not see him again which made leaving that much harder.  This above picture was taken in March.

You can read more about Kramer on Allison's blog.  He really was such a special dog and loved me well.  We will all miss him and thankful that he was a part of our lives.





1 comment:

  1. So sweet Melanie, tears come to my eyes thinking of your loss. It was wonderful and special that we were with you when you got the news. I'm so thankful we could cry together. I pray Walter will be as special in a different way.

    ReplyDelete