Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

I arrived at Allison and Brian's on the Monday before Thanksgiving and Steve joined me Wednesday night.   Allison served a delicious birthday eve dinner -marinated grilled pork chops, roasted brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes with goat cheese and cilantro.  Brian's parents, Susan & Lloyd  and his sister, Joy Lynne, joined us for this dessert- YUM!  (Wish I had taken a picture of them, too!)



Thanksgiving morning Allison, Brian, & Steve made a delicious birthday breakfast- pumpkin pancakes, eggs, and sausage. 


We then loaded the car for our trip to Boone, NC.  


First stop was a walk around Bass Lake.


Then off to the Daniel Boone Inn for Thanksgiving dinner where the wait wasn't too long, but it was cold enough for me to wear my new mittens made by Wendy, Scott's mother-in-law.


The next morning we did a little Black Friday shopping at the outlets and our favorite shop, Bless Your Heart.  Then to one of our favorite restaurants, Melanie's, for lunch in downtown Boone.






Friday afternoon we arrived at Dorothy and Marshall's home.  That night we had dinner with our old small group, the Clements, Caroline and Dan, and Deborah and Stephen.  It was a highlight of our trip being together and having a time of prayer.




Thank you Clements for such a wonderful visit!  It was so good being with you and your family, seeing your beautiful home, and visiting by the crackling fire.


Steve flew back to California Sunday morning and later that afternoon Allison and I visited one of her favorite antique stores where we found a few items for Natalie and Dan's upcoming wedding reception.



Allison and Brian went back to work on Monday morning and I got to spend the day with Toby before flying back to California late that night.  


Thanks, Allison & Brian, for such a nice visit- loved being with you on my birthday and Thanksgiving!


5 comments:

  1. Toby looks so goofy in that last picture! Thanks for cleaning and cooking for us while we were at work on Monday. We loved having you here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he looks very happy! It does make me laugh though- now that you pointed it out! I didn't do much of anything for you, but you are welcome!

      Delete
  2. Such a fun day you all had! That cheesecake looks delicious and I like the last photo :) I have two english springers and we always enjoy our doggies!

    xx
    leslie
    www.trouverlesoleil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have a piece of that dessert, please and thank you!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time! Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete