Monday, August 6, 2012

Matt and Amy's Wedding

(I am slowly catching up with blogging and posting pictures from our 3 1/2 weeks of family and friends who visited in June and July.  It was so much fun; I wish we could do it all over again!)

Allison left for Atlanta on July 2nd and my sister, Kathy, arrived later that day for her son's wedding on July 6th.  Prior to Allison's departure she baked cookies for Matt and Amy's rehearsal dinner.  Who ever said you needed a rolling pin to make sugar cookies?! 



Natalie was able to stay with us for an extra week, but she had an on-line course with UF that began the day that Kathy arrived.  She and I decorated as many cookies as we could prior to Kathy's arrival and with everyone's help they were completed by the following day (I think).  Walter really wanted a cookie and we had none to spare!  Since this was vacation week for all of Steve's co-workers, we were able to store the cookies in an empty apartment which was a huge help.  It really was a comical process!





We even had time for some sight seeing that week!  It wasn't the best day for a clear view at the Griffith Observatory, but it was still beautiful and so good to be with Natalie and Kathy!


 On the day of the rehearsal dinner, for some reason we thought it would be best to cut and arrange the flowers in an even smaller space, Kathy and Rick's hotel room.  (Rick had arrived in Pasadena on Wednesday- even though I don't have any pictures that he was at his son's wedding!)   Kathy was as much of the process of arranging the flowers, but I have no pictures to show it.  And oh yeah, we also decided this would be the best space to bag the cookies, tie with raffia, and apply stickers to the bags.  Like I said before, it was quite comical!  You should've seen the mess!

The restaurant was a beautiful venue for the rehearsal dinner.  How wonderful it was to see my niece and nephew and their spouses.  And to meet my great-nephew, Noah!



Allen & Gillian 








Jennifer and Matt (and Noah who belongs to Allen & Gillian)

The wedding was held the following evening at the Descanso Gardens in Pasadena.  It was such a beautiful ceremony and reception.



Congratulations Amy and Matt!



2 comments:

  1. I just caught up on my reading! Wonderful pictures and commentary. Wish I was there!!
    Love,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of you all! I miss being there with you.

    ReplyDelete